The York Factory Future Development office maintains this website for use by YFFN members. It provides information about current and future hydroelectric developments on the Nelson River and YFFN’s consultations and negotiations with Manitoba Hydro.
The site currently focuses on the proposed Keeyask Generation Project at Gull Rapids on the Nelson River and the Keeyask Infrastructure Project (KIP), which is the access road from the PR 280 to the potential Keeyask Generating Station. For the Keeyask Project, YFFN has partnered with Manitoba Hydro and three First Nations (Tataskweyak Cree Nation, War Lake First Nation, and Fox Lake Cree Nation) to form the Keeyask Hydropower Limited Partnership.
Future Development Secretary
- Under the general direction of the Coordinator, the Secretary will assist the staff and professionals by performing secretarial and clerical duties.
The Secretary may perform the following tasks:
- Greet personal and telephone callers;
- Answer telephone enquiries, attend to visitors and assist other staff in the organization with their enquiries;
- Make and record appointments;
- Provide information to assist persons or refer them to appropriate contacts, either in the organization or elsewhere;
- Operate office equipment such as the photocopier, fax machine, switchboard and computer;
- File correspondence and other records, file papers and documents so that they can be easily found when needed;
- Receive and process incoming and outgoing mail;
- Store and retrieve data on computer;
- Order and purchase stationery and office supplies; and undertake other duties assigned.
- Sound organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Aptitude for working with computers;
- Able to maintain confidentiality and to act with tact and discretion;
- Good command of the Cree and English language, both written and spoken;
- Good presentation and a pleasant manner;
- Present an appropriate image for the organization and deal competently with people.
Mr. Wayne Redhead, Project Coordinator
York Factory Future Development
York Landing, Manitoba
Phone: (204) 341-2236
Fax: (204) 341-2261
- Submit your resume and a cover letter indicating how you meet the established screening criteria as outlined above.
- Your resume/cover letter must be received no later than Wednesday, February 19, 2014.
- Applications should be directed to:
While we are grateful for all those candidates who express an interest in this position, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.